Advantages of Rabbit !!!
* Rabbits are kept at home as pets, but rabbits are also kept and bred in farms for their fur and meat.
* They can be reared in the kitchen garden/backyard of farmer's house
* Apart from providing wool rabbits also provides income from manure etc.
* A rabbit's diet consists of grass and vegetables. rabbit farming in himachal pradesh
* Rabbit meat contains lesser amounts of cholesterol and is also very nutritious.
* Too much low cost for initial establish the Rabbit Farm.
For Profitable Broiler Farming, reproduction plays a vital role. Female rabbit is ready to accept male at about 6 months of age whereas male starts mating from 7 months onwards. For successful mating, doe should be put to the buck's cage and watch carefully for successful mating.
Check the Pregranancy 14-15 days after mating by palpating the abdomen. If not pregnant, go for rebreeding. Their pregnancy period is around 30 days. Pregnant doe should be shifted to the kindling cage at 25th day of Pregnancy. rabbit farming in himachal pradesh
Pregnant doe generally starts making nest by plucking her own hair one or two days before kindling. If she does not pluck hair, give some fine quality straw in the cage. A does generally gives birth to 6-7 kits. Kits are devoid of any hair and eyes are closed. Watch carefully immediately after birth and check the condition of Kits. Do not touch the kits until some emergency comes and use the gloves in such a case. Doe gives milk once or twice a day. So, keep all the kits together for proper feeding. rabbit farming in himachal pradesh
Breeding Management in Rabbit Farming :
* The average age at first mating is about 5-7 months and it varies with the physical maturity of individual rabbit and also breed.
* The breeding should be planned in such a way that about 3 to 4 litters per doe are obtained per year during multiplicative stage.
* The nest box is kept in the cage around 25th day of pregnancy with loosened jute wool or wood shavings.
* After three years, the full grown female rabbits should be replaced either by new purchases or females of own farm.
* Clean sanitary conditions of rabbit cages, sheds and equipment, balanced feed and fresh clean water are essential to prevent chances of infection.
Rough Calculation :
* Suppose you buy 10 units of Rabbits.
* That mean 70 females and 30 males.
* A Female Rabbit delivers 5 to 8 Babies in every 45 Days.
* Let's take 5 Babies/female per delivery.
* As Per Calculation 70 females will deliver 350 baby rabbits every 45 days.
* Every Child Rabbit will grow up 2 to 3 kgs. in three months.
* Let's take average 2 kg. per baby rabbit.
Address: birbhum suri